Tuesday 27 January 2015

Book Review: Elizabeth Scott

Being a little bit cheeky this week and clustering multiple books together, but they're all by the same author so that makes it okay!


Now you may not have heard of Elizabeth Scott before but neither had until I found 'Love you, Hate you, Miss you' in a second hand book shop. After I read this I had to find out more about her. This led me to try out 'Stealing heaven'. That was it then, I had to read as many of her books as possible! Most of these I read on the day I got them as I just could not put them down! 

Picking a favourite is hard but it has to be 'Stealing Heaven'. It's about a girl called Dani who was trained as a thief by her mum when she was young. They move around so much that they never stay somewhere long enough to form real connections and a real life.

Elizabeth Scott writes to effortlessly it makes me jealous! She is partly one of the reasons I want to become a writer. Some how she manages to deal with very serious issues in a way that doesn't make you want to cry for a month. Her novels are perfectly paced in a way that you are hooked in but don't feel rushed through the events.  

My collection of her books isn't complete yet thanks to money having to go on everything but books. But I gave in and purchased 'Heartbeat' which is currently in the post! 

I cannot recommend her books anymore! I hope you love them as much as I do!

Come back next Tuesday for my review of Tanya Burr's 'Love, Tanya'.

xxMegan

2 comments:

  1. I have not heard of any of these books or authors before! I need a good new book to read so hopefully I will enjoy 1 or 2 that you have recommended :)
    Peace xo
    www.waitwhatok.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard of any of these books or authors before! I need a good new book to read so hopefully I will enjoy 1 or 2 that you have recommended :)
    Peace xo
    www.waitwhatok.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete