Thursday 29 January 2015

Current Beauty Favourites

First of all let me just say I'm a firm believer in drug store make-up. I will never recommend high end make up products because not everyone can afford those. There is such a wide variety at shops like Boots so there's no need to spend double the price on a product that does near enough the same thing. 

Also, I'm some sort of professional make-up artist, these are just a few of the products that I'm loving at the moment. It's just my opinion and you don't necessarily have to agree.


I was really disliking my old foundation and thought it was time for a change. So a couple of days ago my Mum and I went into Boots and had a skin match test for the No7 foundation range. I've never had it done before and I was really excited (sad right?). I ended up being the palest colour there 'Calico', which really isn't a surprise. 

The lady recommend I use the 'Beautifully Matte' foundation and I have to say she was 100% right. It covers my skin so well and leaves stays on throughout the whole day. It also has a really soft finish and doesn't feel like I'm really wearing foundation at all. People have really noticed the difference in my skin as it looks so much healthier now that I've changed foundations.

I would highly recommend going at getting your skin matched to the perfect foundation. My Mum ended up coming away with a whole set of new make-up she's never used before and was really rather excited about it!


You'll have to excuse the camera quality on this one as I took it on my phone. I've had this one for a while but only really started wearing it recently. It's the 'Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Velvet' in the shade '307 Meteoric Matte'. 'Lip velvet' is the perfect way to describe it as it is so smooth and sleek on your lips, yet it also has the perfect matte look. 

It's comes out as a red berry kind of colour and I tend to wear it if I'm going out somewhere nice or going out for a few drinks. Not the kind of shade I'd wear to college on an everyday basis. I'm still looking for the perfect nude lip colour that doesn't make me look overly pale. 

Any recommendations on nude lip colours? What's your favourite products at the moment?

xxMegan

1 comment:

  1. Such a great post :) x Looking forward to your next posts, I love your blog!

    Would you like to follow eachother? Happy to see you in my blog :)

    FloralBeautii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete