Sunday 11 January 2015

Through the lense

Photography has been an interest of mine for a few years now. It's something that my Dad and I have done as a hobby together since I was about 14. Setting out for the day with all our camera equipment in rain or shine always made the amazing pictures we had afterwards worth it. 

So here are some of my favourite pictures I've taken over the past couple of years;
These first two are from a trip to Highclere Castle where Downton Abbey is filmed. I love the programme and was so excited to go there! Unfortunately I had forgotten my DSLR camera so had to use my phone to take pictures, but I think these two turned out okay anyway.

These few were from an old ship yard near where I live. I went on a little photography trip with my friend Cam in an attempt to get some rustic looking photos. There were so many photos that I really liked so I had to narrow it down to these three.

These are a few of my favourite animal shots over the past few years. I absolutely love the way the colours stand out on the parrot. Taking photos of animals is probably my favourite as the outcome is always amazing! Even if the animals move alot, the end pictures are always worth it.

This landscape will always be the photo I am most proud of! (Points if you can guess where it is) Although it's a night shot, it still captures the lights in a way that doesn't drown out the photo completely. I submitted this to my local newspaper and it ended up being published. A local magazine isn't much but it gave me a lot more confidence in my photos.

I hope to get back into photography and will be sharing some more of my photos with you in the future. 

Which photo was your favourite? Do you have a hobby?

xxMegan

2 comments:

  1. Great photos, I especially like the texture in the boat photos and you've really managed to give the parrot some character!
    I also enjoy turning my hand to photography (same as you, my dad got me into it!) have a look at my photos here essworks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. these photos are amazing! come check out my blog http://lifeinthevogue.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete