Tuesday 20 January 2015

Book Review: Matched Trilogy

Hi guys! First of all let me just say how sorry I am for the lack of blog posts for the past week, I've had a mountain of coursework to do and have only just managed to complete it all. Wow college is stressful but bring on University!

I want to start doing more book reviews and thought I'd kick that off today with the first one.
Matched Trilogy - Allie Condie
Genre -  Dystopian Young Adult 
The first book 'Matched' is about a tightly ruled society that decide who you love, where you work and when you die. At the age of 17 you are "matched" with your life partner. The trilogy follows seventeen year old Cassia Reyes who ends up being matched with her best friend, Xander Carrow. However, when she views the information pack about her "match" an unsuspected face shows up instead of her best friend. She attempts to find out about the mishap but becomes conflicted about her match. 

The book is then followed by 'Crossed' and 'Reached'. Obviously I'm not going to tell you much about the next two books or it will spoil the first one. 

I loved this trilogy and could not put the books down! I think it took me a total of a week to read the trilogy and have re-read it many times since. I highly recommend these books, they will keep you held in until the very end.

At first you think it's just another cheesy forbidden love story, but it turns out to be so much more than you expect. Ignore the bad goodreads reviews and go read the first book! 

Check out the youtube trailer for the first book here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaeNWL8rlBI

Here's my favourite quotes from each of the three books:

"It is strange how we hold on to the pieces of the past while we wait for our futures" 
- Matched

"Love changes what is probable and makes unlikely things possible" 
Crossed

"When you can't cry because all you are is pain, and if you let some of it out, you might cease to exist" 
- Reached

Come back next Tuesday for another book review! 

xxMegan

No comments:

Post a Comment