Tuesday 6 January 2015

The Making of Harry Potter

In December, Mark and I visited the Warner Bros Studio Tour. We had had it booked since the end of September and couldn't have been more excited. When we got there, it took our breaths away and was completely worth the three hour train to get there. 

We had booked it for December so that we could see the 'Hogwarts In Snow' event they do in the winter. 

I took a lot of pictures but they were on my iPhone and not very good quality. So here is a small sample of the best pictures I took.
At the end of the tour you walk into a room with a model of the Hogwarts castle. It was so beautiful and was probably my favourite part of the whole tour. It looked incredible, especially with the snow over the top. 
At the beginning of the tour you walk into the great hall and see the tables decorated with a magnificent feast. At the top of the hall were all the professors costumes. Dumbledore's owl podium really stood out for me as it is covered in real gold and years of melted wax. You could really see the intricate detail put into the making of the  podium.
Dolores Umbridge's office also stood out for me. Probably because it was very pink and had so many pictures of cats everywhere. I also learned that as she gained more power at the Ministry of Magic, her wardrobe became increasingly pinker.
The Quidditch equipment was a favourite of mine as I'm in love with the idea of people flying round on broomsticks chasing a golden snitch. It would be great if it were real, but I'm sure many people wish it was. I really wanted to do the flying on a broomstick green screen thing but the queue was huge! 
Butterbeer! This tasted so good! Mark drank his and half of mine as I was far too cold to drink it all.  We got to keep the tankards too, which is always a perk. 

As a whole this experience was amazing. Mark and I are considering going back around Halloween time so that we can see the Dark Arts Exhibition. I would definitely recommend going if you are a fan of the Harry Potter books and films. Or even if you are just interested in the making of films. It was a great experience and it was well worth all the planning, the time it took to get there, and the horribly cold temperatures.

Have you been before? What was your favourite part?

xxMegan 

No comments:

Post a Comment